Implant Supported Full Mouth Bridge
Dental Single Implant
Implant Supported Bridge
What are Dental Implants?
A Dental Implant is a Prosthesis used to replace Missing Teeth. It is a surgical component that interfaces with jaws or skull to support Dental Prosthesis such as crowns, dentures, Facial prosthesis or to act as an Orthodontic Anchor.
What is Implant made of?
Largely, implant is often made of titanium alloy due to its high resistance and excellent biocompatibility. Some clinic do use Stainless Steel screws as well but at Zaara Dental., we offer the Titanium and Superior Quality Implant which is also being done by an Implantologist.
Is it Safe to have Implants?
Implant surgery is one of the safest procedures in dentistry done at Zaara DENTAL, provided that the patient is not subjected to any kind of Systemic Diseases or Bone Pathologies. It is the only restoration method that stimulates formation of natural bone and merges with it in-order to provide a strong foundation to the replacing artificial teeth.
Is there any age limit for implant placement?
For the implant placement it is very essential that the jaw should be fully developed. A dental implant cannot be inserted for a growing young patients (within 18years of age). On the other hand any elderly person can receive a dental implant, provided that there are no risk factors. We at Zaara dental have the most experienced Implantologist in Madurai to get you treated.
How does implant differs from bridge?
When compared to a bridge, an implant does not require the support of neighbouring teeth and thus there is no need for any tooth preparation of adjacent healthy tooth. Furthermore the implant gets firmly anchored to the jaw bone and provides excellent stability and support to the prosthesis.
Indications of implants?
- Patients who do not accept removable prosthesis
- Single tooth replacement
- Hyperactive gag reflex
- Low tissue tolerance
- Patients who lack neuromuscular control
- Long edentulous span.
Contraindications of dental implants?
- 1. ABSOLUTE : Boxers and wrestlers, Cerebral palsy Irradiated tissues , Psychogenic disorders alcohol dependency, Immuno-compromised patients, uncontrolled Diabetes, blood dyscrasias, steroid therapy.
- 2. RELATIVE: Trismus,Endocrine disorders, patients on anticoagulants therapy, smokers, well controlled diabetes, chronic sinusitis.
Who is the perfect candidate for getting implants?
Implants are suggested to patients only if certain ideal norms for the placement of implant is present. Firstly, a thorough evaluation of the patient is done which includes both systemic and intra oral findings. If the findings are likely favourable then implant placement is recommended. In most of the cases anyone with a missing tooth or teeth may be a candidate for dental implants. Adequate bone in the jaw is needed to support the implant along with healthy gum tissues that are free of periodontal disease.
How does implant merges with the bone?
The mechanism behind this is called Osseo-integration. It is nothing but the direct structural and functional connection between an implant and bone without any intervening soft tissues.
Mechanism of osseo-integration:
Patient evaluation - Medical history:
- Thorough medical history is usually documented.
- Patient’s health history will be reviewed for conditions that might cause adverse reactions/complications.
- Appropriate laboratory tests should be performed before undergoing surgery.
- Medical clearance should be obtained from patient’s physician.
Intra Oral Examination:
- The Overall Dental and Periodontal health is usually evaluated.
- Presence of any infections, Lesions, or Bone pathologic conditions are checked.
- The Occlusion of teeth, their jaw relation, TMJ condition and mouth opening are evaluated before undergoing implant surgery.
- Clinically and radio-graphically, the anatomical defects, concavities and undercuts are all evaluated.
- Intra oral bone mapping is done to assess bone dimensions.
- Quantity, quality, location and volume of alveolar bone can be assessed through radiographs.
- Radiopaque markers is used to evaluate relation of alveolar ridge to existing bone.
- The anatomy of vital structures like floor of nasal cavity, maxillary sinus, mandibular canal, mental foramen are precisely noted, so that no harm is done to them during surgical procedures.
How is osteotomy site prepared? /How drills are made in bone?
- A series of drills are used to prepare osteotomy site precisely and incrementally at Zaara Dental.
- Once the osteotomy site is prepared the implant is placed into it. The implant is inserted either with a Hand-Piece rotating at low speeds(25rpm) or by torque hand wrench,
- Hex drive is used to tighten the implant to obtain primary stability.
- Then cover screw is placed over the coronal end of the implant.
- Once the implants are inserted and secured with cover screw, surgical site is thoroughly irrigated.
- Good approximation and primary closure of the flap in a tension free manner is essential.
- Combination of horizontal mattress and interrupted suturing techniques may be employed.
Post- operative care:
- Antibiotic and analgesic therapy is usually given after the surgical procedure.
- Patient is advised to apply ice packs for first 24 hours.
- CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE MOUTHWASH to be used twice daily.
- DIET: soft diet for 1 week, then returning to normal diet.
- Patients are highly advised to refrain from the use of tobacco, smoking and alcohol.
- Good oral hygiene and regular follow ups are essential for ensuring the longevity of the implants on a long run. The implants may be exposed to some infections in case of inadequate maintenance of proper oral hygiene.
How painful is the implant surgery?
The surgical procedures are usually carried out with anaesthesia, and the implant site gets numbed so that little to no discomfort can be felt. After the anaesthesia weans off, minimal discomfort will be felt that is easily controlled by medications. Also at Zaara dental clinic we are equipped to give you a painless dentistry environment including the most senior doctors and specialist to give you a comfortable environment. But here right from injections everything is machine controlled hence no pain procedure can be availed at Zaara Dental.
How long it will take to get implant prosthesis done?
Once the implant is inserted, it will take approximately 2-3 months before placing the prosthesis. The healing phase differs from patient to patient and usually it does not takes more than 6 months of time. During this period of time, a temporary tooth is given to maintain the dimensions of implant site and to avoid drifting of the adjacent tooth. After the healing phase the permanent prosthesis is fitted over the coronal part of the implant.
What is the success rate of implants?
A success rate of 100% does not exist for any surgical procedures. However, the failure rate is very low. Success of a surgical procedure depends on several criteria like the bone quality, the surgeon’s expertise, the absence of risk factors, the regular professional follow ups and mainly the patient’s care.
Following implant placement the patient should be placed on close recall schedule. The Maintenance Visit is usually done for every 3 months. On every visit, the plaque level, soft tissue inflammation, bone level and the fitting of prosthesis are all monitored.
Cost of Dental Implant?
Dental implant ranges from 15k-50k based on the quality of implant and the expertise of the surgeon doing the procedure. At Zaara we offer the world class dentistry with painless environment with most affordable implants in Madurai Tamilnadu India.
In working with the younger jaws and teeth the dentists simply have the specialized training. The best dentists in madurai are better suited to provide safer, more comfortable, and the more effective solutions for any of the dental implants issues that a younger patient might be experiencing due to their specializations. You can relax knowing that dentist is looking out for them for their future beautiful smile.